In winter 2013 recharge.green started with a series of training sessions and workshops. With specially designed trainings and workshops recharge.green brings together policy and decision makers as well as experts from authorities on all levels – from local to EU-level. The events aim to show how conflicts between renewable energy producers and stakeholders of biodiversity and other ecosystem services can be turned into co-benefits and what recharge.green contributes to this process. Furthermore, the seminars aim to encourage stakeholders to consider the results of the project and to apply the decision support system developed by recharge.green and to establish a discussion and exchange platform.
The first workshop took place in Triglav National Park in Slovenia and was organised by the Slovenian Forest Service and University Ljubljana. The event focused on biomass production and multi-objective forest management. The participants exposed challenges and provided solutions as well as recommendations for policy makers regarding multi-objective forest management and provision of ecosystem services. Read more about this workshop here.
A further training was held in Mai 2014 in Legau / Bavaria and was organised by the Bayerische Elektrizitätswerke (BEW). On occasion of the World Fish Migration Day the event had its focus on the improvement of fish migration and the use of hydropower at the river Iller.
The list below highlights the next workshops and trainings organised by recharge.green
- 14 April 2014 & 4 and 6 June 2014 in Belluno Province / Italy: Preparatory meetings with mayors and presidents of Mountain Communities of Veneto Region and informative meetings with stakeholders >More information and Blog post about the meeting (in Italian language only)
- 24 May 2014 in Obere Iller: Training session to improve the ecological potential at the Iller >More information (in German language only)
- Sept-Nov 2014: workshop in Triglav National Parc / Slovenia organised by Slovenian Forest Service and University Ljubljana
- Oct-Nov 2014: workshop in Vorarlberg / Austria organised by University Innsbruck and region-V
- Spring 2015: Training session in Vienna / Austria organised by Environment Agency Austria
- Spring 2015: training session in Regione Veneto / Italy organised by Region Veneto and EURAC
- Spring 2015: workshop in Piemont / Italy organised by EURAC
- May 2015: training session Augsburg / Germany. Organised by BEW